About Me

Hi and a warm welcome to my blog. My little place in the cyber crafting world. I'm Elaine and I'm 41 years and married to the most amazing man I could wish for. My passion is all forms of crafting and I'm extremely lucky to be on the design teams for Leonie Pujol, Toni Darroch at stamps by me limited and Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog. I also do a bit of demo work for stix2 anything and I love it. I've recently retrained after being made redundant to become a Teaching Assistant which is a very rewarding job. Well I hope you like what you see on my blog. I'm always grateful for people taking a peek and leaving messages x

Friday, 1 August 2014

New dates for Eclectic Ellapu

Evening, yes it's a change to the challenge dates ove at Eclectic Ellapu. They will be starting on the 1st of every month. This is great I think I can manage to remember !! So the theme was nautical/seaside or anything goes. I chose nautical/seaside. I decided to alter a wooden heart using a bit of the by the sea by Graphic 45 and various other bits. 


I'm not entirely happy with it, I just could not seem to get it right, but at least I had a go lol.
Do hop over and leave my team mates some love & join in.

Also thought I would show a few snaps of our 2nd week on disney. We stayed at Yacht & beach club. I loved it, you could watch disney movie on the beach at night - awesome.







Just had to find a craft store , to get myself and my best buddy Maria some stash.....
So for our 3rd week we hired a car ( I say we there was no way I was driving on the opposite side of the road ). We headed on the 4 hour drive to Ft lauderdale and we checked into an amazing hotel for 2 nights - the pelican grand and when it said directly on the beach they meant it !!

The view from our balcony,


We then went to Miami for 2 nights which I have to say we were not impressed with , but you can't win them all, so then we went back to orlando for the last 2 nights and stayed on lake buena vista and visited Kennedy space centre and wow it was the best experience , so worthwhile



We saw the space shuttle Atlantis it sent shivers down my spine to see the real thing. I love going to places and learning lots of new things. It's the nerd in me. So after not being abroad for 12 years I think it was the trip of a lifetime and can't believe that many years had passed by without me forcing myself on a plane !!!! A time we will never forget and I'm truly blessed to have married the man of my dreams & honeymooned in a fantastic place. 
So that's the end of my tale & almost 3 years in the planning.......
So what's next....... The dream is to own a craft shop but guess I'll have to go back to my day job as Deputy Manager at Tesco for a few more years yet ! 
Thanks for bearing with me, and supporting my blog, don't forget I'm still 8 followers away from my blog candy and it's a good one I will keep adding to it until then.
Take care Elaine xx








11 comments:

  1. Wow Elaine, love all the pictures and what fun you must of had. The altered heart is very pretty with all your fun details.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine your project is so BEAUTIFUL! And thank you so much for sharing those photos with us! I've never been to Florida .. and it looks GORGEOUS!!!!!

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine your heart is beautiful! Fab pictures. I must say Florida is one of my favourite destinations I have spent several happy holidays there, driving all over the state (its easy, try it next time) with my children (although they were adults, no longer children). I agree with you I don't like Miami although my kids loved it! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine I love the little hanger which is a great take on theme. Beautiful photos of your awesome time away.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous heart Elaine...Love it!! WOW.... Your honeymoon looks amazing... I've been to Florida I LOVED it... so glad you found Michael's you can't leave without a visit... I did not visit Miami (glad I didn't now) ...Lovely photos Elaine with wonderful memories for scrapbook pages....Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, looks like you had a fabulous time... Love your project too, it looks gorgeous to me :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely photos I see that you went to michaels, my favorite shop!!!
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Elaine awesome hun xxx thanks for visiting my blog during my absence appreciated hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOWZER! You guys were living it up - and quite rightly so! Great pics, Elaine. BTW, the project looks fab too ... (The photos are such a distraction! LOL). Have a great day!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  10. They certainly were going for it and why now - I wish we had a Michaels over here but then again the prices would be extortionate lol. Fabulous project too as always Love alwayz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very jealous of your trip to Michaels - what a HUGE store!

    ReplyDelete