About Me

Im 39 years old and work in retail as a Deputy Manager. I love to craft whether it be cardmaking or altering something. I have been crafting for almost 10 years and it helps me to relax after those busy days at work. My big aim was to blog regular and get onto a design team, now Im on 2. Very proud to have recently made Jones design team. I am godmother to 2 lovely children Matty & and Rebecca...Hope you all like what you see and thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving comments.

Monday, 7 September 2015

When Elaine met Christine...

Hello friends, can you believe it we have had 2 sunny days in row !! Although it's not that warm, it does make a nice change not to rain lol.
So I have had a lovely weekend,  booked a last minute day off work Saturday to travel to Coventry to meet my crafting idol, the fabulous Christine Emberson. All I can say is what a lovely warm lady she is and so very talented. Christine and her son Elliott run Hope chances creativity online and that's where I get my spellbinders from. The demo was fab with amazing samples -( actually quite embarrassed with my entry, having applied for the DT Elliott has set up ). I also got to meet her lovely mum who accompanied her. 
Here is a photo of them both.


I picked up some great tips and hoping to try them out today, can't wait to get to my desk. So thanks for the inspiration Christine and looking forward to seeing her on the craft channel next week. 
Here's a card made as part of my DT entry. Love the foilage dies and I used doodlebug papers. 




Hope you like it.
Thanks ever so much for taking the time to read my blog and leave comments it's appreciated. Have a lovely week.
Love Elaine x 

10 comments:

  1. oh it must be great to meet your idol
    your card is very nice
    have a nice day
    lots of hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting day Elaine. I love your wreath and the beautiful colours. Thanks for visiting me. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to meet bloggy idols in real life?!? I just adore your harvest wreath. All those die cuts add up to one pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your harvest wreath, Elaine. What an honour to meet your idol.
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine I absolutely adore the leaf reef, so very creative and how awesome for you to meet one of your crafty idols.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning sweetie, I just love your gorgeous creation today, happy smiles love Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Elaine! Glad to hear that you had such a lovely time! And your card is absolutely filled with warmth of Autumnal colors! Love your design and wishing you loads of luck for the DT entry!

    Big hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  8. You picked out some really beautiful dies. Your card just screams fall and I'm sure you can adapt the colors to work for all the seasons. Lovely work Elaine. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful great to hear you met up and had such fun
    hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete