About Me

Hi and a warm welcome to my blog. My little place in the cyber crafting world. I'm Elaine and I'm 41 years and married to the most amazing man I could wish for. My passion is all forms of crafting and I'm extremely lucky to be on the design teams for Leonie Pujol, Toni Darroch at stamps by me limited and Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog. I also do a bit of demo work for stix2 anything and I love it. I've recently retrained after being made redundant to become a Teaching Assistant which is a very rewarding job. Well I hope you like what you see on my blog. I'm always grateful for people taking a peek and leaving messages x

Thursday, 18 February 2016

Children's hour

Good evening, and a very warm welcome to my blog. This week I have made a card using Children's hour collection by Graphic 45, this is a DT make for Jones crafts. Love the purple colour. 



I also used 2 different spellbinders dies, liquid pearls and a pretty little bow.
The stitches and trade show starts at the weekend in Birmingham and fingers crossed some of my samples will be on display in the fabulous Jones crafts stand. A very very proud moment for me if that happens, hope the lovely Darren sends me pictures lol.
Well my Tesco career is almost at an end only 4 more working days to go and just over a week until it shuts its doors for the last time......


I started as a very young girl 21 years ago as a checkout assistant on 18 hours a week ! I finish as a full time deputy Manager - am I going to miss it, time will tell. Lots of mixed emotions leading up to the final week. Not looking forward to the goodbyes and watching the shutter come down one last time. End of an era but everything happens for a reason,
At least that's what I keep telling myself. 
Well thanks for stopping by and listening to me waffle on. 
Have a great weekend everyone & be happy...... I will leave you with a picture of  me ( in the middle ) , the checkout manager and grocery manager ! We have all been taking lots of pictures and selfies to capture the memories.


Love 
Elaine xx







6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Elaine, love the vibrant colours.

    Good luck with your future, I,m not a fan of Tesco as I used to work for one of their suppliers. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is very beautiful !
    so sorry that tesco is closing.
    its very nice that you taking pictures to capture memories.
    lots of hugs
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous vivid colors Elaine and fabulous design. Very sorry to hear your Tesco store is closing what a fun picture.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so positively dainty and beautiful!! I just love how all the elements work together. As to the end of your long-running position I can only imagine how difficult it must be! Sending lots of support!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Elaine. The G45 papers are truly lovely. Can't help but feel sad reading you post. But as you say, everything happens for a reason. So, chin up, drink tea (or whatever else English people do!) and march on to the next exciting phase of your career. I'll be cheering you on from across the channel!
    BIG hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you included the pansies in the corner because that's what this paper collection screams. The purple and green are so striking. Gorgeous! Hopefully your path change will lead you into a wonderful new chapter in your life. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete