About Me

Hi and a warm welcome to my blog. My little place in the cyber crafting world. I'm Elaine and I'm 41 years and married to the most amazing man I could wish for. My passion is all forms of crafting and I'm extremely lucky to be on the design teams for Leonie Pujol, Toni Darroch at stamps by me limited and Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog. I also do a bit of demo work for stix2 anything and I love it. I've recently retrained after being made redundant to become a Teaching Assistant which is a very rewarding job. Well I hope you like what you see on my blog. I'm always grateful for people taking a peek and leaving messages x

Friday, 29 July 2016

Leonie and her new launch

Good evening, wow it's been a struggle for me this week, have been studying for maths Exam which was Wednesday and I'm not holding out much hope of passing. My first exam for 24 years and it was not easy !!
Anyway today I thought I would share some step by step photos of a wall hanger that I made with Leonies fabulous new mixed media launch......

Step one cut the mount board and then die cut the mosaic peices out and glue together. Then cover in white Gesso.


Step 2   I painted the area I wanted in blue.


Step 3  I then rubbed Pebeo gilding wax over the mosaics and stamped a sentiment from the mixed media stamps.


Step 4. Finally I die cut the mixed media hearts and added those 


I have to say I really enjoyed making this it got me doing lots of different things. The new dies and stamps are just fabulous, well worth investing in them.
Hope you enjoyed looking I thinks that's my first ever very basic step by step I've done on my blog. I know there's lots of room for improvement lol....
Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I'm so excited I'm going to a workshop with Mark Gould at the fabulous crafty bunch shop. The wonderful sue has organised it. Will share photos next week. 
Take care, thanks for stopping by xxx









8 comments:

  1. Well done on your first step by step Elaine! The project looked fab. Have a lovely time at your workshop, I am not jealous...much!!! Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done it looks great, you are clever. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the exam Elaine. What a fun project and tutorial.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck on the exam!
    wonderful project love text.
    have a nice day
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. An exam?! I cannot imagine doing any kind of exam... even a pub quiz can spook me these days! Glad you managed to unwind making this beautiful piece. Fingers crossed you'll pass the test.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so fun Elaine. Loving the geometric shapes.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total fun! There's nothing like getting out a bunch of mixed media goodies to play with. Love the added texture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Total fun! There's nothing like getting out a bunch of mixed media goodies to play with. Love the added texture. :-)

    ReplyDelete