About Me

Hi and a warm welcome to my blog. My little place in the cyber crafting world. I'm Elaine and I'm 41 years and married to the most amazing man I could wish for. My passion is all forms of crafting and I'm extremely lucky to be on the design teams for Leonie Pujol, Toni Darroch at stamps by me limited and Eclectic Ellapu challenge blog. I also do a bit of demo work for stix2 anything and I love it. I've recently retrained after being made redundant to become a Teaching Assistant which is a very rewarding job. Well I hope you like what you see on my blog. I'm always grateful for people taking a peek and leaving messages x

Thursday, 8 September 2016

Biscuit Tin.....and heartfelt thanks

Good morning, hope everyone is well.
Today I'm sharing my DT make for Jones crafts. I have used graphic 45 Halloween in wonderland. I love this collection.....
I used an empty tin from biscuits I purchased at the good food show.....


I originally put green paint on but it wasn't thick enough so went with black gesso instead. 
The finished tin.....





Now all I need to do is decide which of my favourite biscuits to put in lol !!!
Hope you like it, it was so much fun to make. 
Let me know what your favourite biscuits are.....I love any with chocolate on 😂😂. 
Well I'm super excited as tomorrow I leave for a craft retreat organised by the wonderful Sue from crafty bunch. I can't wait, a workshop taught by sue herself and also one from Fran Westmoreland. Good company, craft, food and drinks what more could you ask for.
 
I also just wanted to share something personal, March was national brain tumour awareness month and I decided to sign up with hubby for the Wolverhampton 10k in memory of my wonderful little brother Matthew. 


This Saturday marks the 20 year anniversary of his passing, so even more reason to give something back...... We managed to raise £330 for the brain tumour charity and I want to thank everyone who supported us and donated. It really means so much. 
Here's a photo of me at the end. ( I've never been one for running and it was our first 10k ).


Sorry for the long post. But thanks so much for stopping by and leaving comments I really appreciate it xxxx








7 comments:

  1. Well done on the run Elaine, I couldn't manage 1k never mind 10!!!!
    Lovely biscuit tin, I dont really eat them, dont buy so I cant eat but I do love Choc Digestive, Morning Coffee, Hob nobs and on and on LOL. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project Elaine! I am now going to look out for lovely shaped biscuit tins, purely for crafting reasons of course!!!
    Well done on your run and raising so much money, Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done my dear friend!

    Biscuit Tin is super nice!
    oh those are my favorite biscuits!
    take care
    lots of hugs


    Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great altered biscuit tin using the fab Graphic45 papers. Favourite biscuit ? Well it would have to be Marks and Spencer's choc chip shortbread or their special tinned biscuits as they remind me of Christmas at home, you know the one in the green tin.
    Congratulations on the run and what a worth while cause.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning sweetie, and well done to you <3 hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parcel arrived this morning, thanks you so much, goodies are gorgeous, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy did you dress that tin up. The Alice in Wonderland elements make me wonder if it should hold magic biscuits. LOL Make them chocolate! Congrats on your run. Great accomplishment for a worthy cause. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete