About Me

Im 39 years old and work in retail as a Deputy Manager. I love to craft whether it be cardmaking or altering something. I have been crafting for almost 10 years and it helps me to relax after those busy days at work. My big aim was to blog regular and get onto a design team, now Im on 2. Very proud to have recently made Jones design team. I am godmother to 2 lovely children Matty & and Rebecca...Hope you all like what you see and thanks so much for reading my blog and leaving comments.

Sunday, 1 January 2017

Happy new year....

Happy new year to all the lovely people in blog land may it be a wonderful one for all of you. We had a quiet night in which is just how I like it. Nice to relax. 
Hopefully 2017 will be a good crafting year and I'm starting the year with a giveaway. More on this at the end of the post. 
Right I managed to spend a few hours crafting on Friday so was really chuffed trying to get back my missing mojo. Still not found it but I'm trying !
I saw this idea on Pinterest...

I thought it was a lovely idea. However I decided to take it one step further and do an album with a page each month of all the good things that have happened. I'm going to use a little wooden box to still keep track but will empty it each month and turn it into a page with photos & notes etc. Now the box has been painted but need to decorate it. 
I had the perfect g45 album begging to be used from the lovely Darren at Jones crafts. So I decorated it with g45 Cafe Parisian papers. 





The album is perfect as it already comes with lots of different style pages ready to decorate. I'm going to decorate the box tomorrow. 
Hope you like it. I must say I was pleased with how it turned out. 
Thank you so much for your continued support over the last 12 months. I would like to say thanks to Jones crafts, Leonie Pujol for having me on the teams. I'm also looking forward to working with Toni & the lovely ladies at stamps by me limited starting this month.
I count my blessings each day.
So my giveaway today will include something to alter from candy box crafts, an MDF heart, notebook to alter and more.

All you need to do is leave a comment about what your favourite thing was about Christnas & new year. 
Enjoy the rest of your day. Lots of hugs Elaine xx






12 comments:

  1. Love the idea of turning the good things that happen into the pages of your lovely album. Do we get to see the boix when its decorated too?
    Favourite thing about Christmas was spending precious time with my family. Most important about last night was cuddling my shaking dog through the fireworks,it takes him hours to get over them. Best thing looking forward,crafting!
    P.S. don't put me in the draw as I won the last one. Happy new year Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Elaine :)
    Best thing over Christmas and New Year was the biggest grin and bear hug from my eldest yesterday when we picked him up from the airport after he returned home from Australia to see in the New Year here.
    All the best for 2017. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks interesting Elaine. Cant really tell you what was best about Christmas and new year, probably him cooking last night and I had the TV control for afew hours LOL !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was the first Christmas that my hubby and I went away for the holiday, we went to a lovely hotel in Bournemouth. It was so nice spending quality time with him and friends. Only problem was, I so missed the family. But we have spent the day together today and had a super time with Grandchildren. I have to admit I am so tired and the house is a complete mess but it's worth it. Crafting will have to wait until I sort things out. Lovely idea Elaine, happy new year all. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I love what you've done so far with the cover of the album and I think it's a fab idea. I might have to do something similar myself. The best thing about Christmas and New Year for me has been being able to have my daughter stay with no restrictions from outside agencies. It was so nice just to be a family again. Thanks for the chance to win xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love this idea Elaine. I may well try something like this myself . Hope we get to see the progression of the album through the year.Best think about my new year was having my pregnant daughter, and her partner, come down from the north to stay with me. And I got to hear my grandchild heartbeat! Magical moment. Thankyou for offering the chance of winning this give way to us all. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Elaine. Great idea with the notes. Favourite thing for me was having my Mum with us.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angela S11:42 am GMT

    Lovely idea Elaine, the best part of Christmas and New Year is seeing all the family and catching up with all the news

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful idea Elaine, the best part of Christmas and new year was spending family time over on the Isle of Man with our son and granddaughter and daughter in law. We made lots of memories.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous idea, love it x The best part of our Christmas was having Jessie our daughter back for a bit x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this! I like your idea very much.
    I think I will try to do that idea with jar.
    I already have one thing to put in jar.
    We have another bird :D
    My favorite things was that we decorate tree and house.
    And my nephew have birthday on new Year Eve so that was nice.
    I made him a cake,car cake :D
    He loved it!
    have a wonderful day my beautiful friend!
    lots of hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely little album. I hope you have tons of good things to add to it during 2017. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete